Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sucking wind


Hit the slopes this morning with moderately heavy pack, trekking poles, and Django the Wonder Dog.  I've started doing my usual loop, which involves a nice stretch of single-track, but I'm occasionally adding in a steep ridge climb near the end.  It's not much longer, but Hay-soos, it's steep!  The ridge featured in the photo can be followed for a total of nearly 1,500 feet of elevation gain.  When we have more time and want some stank on the hike, this route is one of our favorites.

Still life: Pack, poles, hound, mountain...


I'm really enjoying the extra effort wearing the pack requires-- and that light spring in the step when I take it off at the end of the hike.  Note the whacky contrails above the summit of Black Mtn. in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment