Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pictures from a ride


Slipped out for a quick 20-miler this morning and took a few shots of our own cute little bike path.  It connects two major roads, and we often take it eve if we don't need to.  The ride was uneventful, and a generally in good way, except for a situation I'm sure we've all encountered.  As I neared the top of the first big climb, no shoulder, I'm taking the lane, double yellow line, a SUV closes in behind.  I've got him in my mirror. Up ahead, a work truck and car are closing in--close.   So this is not a good time to pass.  I hold out my hand to warn the SUV, which can easily see the on-coming traffic anyway, but the jerk doesn't care.  He passes into the truck's lane, forcing him and the following car to the side.  It wasn't super close, and I didn't feel like I was about to die or anything, but it just pissed me off.  The ASSUV driver could have easily waiting all of TWO agonizing seconds to make the pass, but why, when you can put everyone at risk?  Moron.  I did my best to shake it off and had a great ride.  I call it the "Double Down" because I get to descend one prime stretch a couple of times by looping back on a different road--schweet.

Ride on, be safe, and keep yer eye on the morons....




No comments:

Post a Comment