Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The big hunt


One of my favorite cycling roads is Banducci, which has great climbs on both sides of a pass with awesome views (see "Hammer of Doom"), but every time I ride it, I keep seeing more and more trash, and I get so angry at the loser idiots who drive it.  Believe me, I don't think cyclists are cranking way up this pass just to toss a 40 ouncer into the sage!  So my frustration and disgust kept growing.  Why doesn't somebody clean this up, huh?  Somebody indeed.  On my last ride, I'd had enough.   I was going to be the phreakin' change I wanted to see, if ya get my drift.  Dirty Harry style, I went out a purchased a .44 Magnum grabber thingy and a bunch of big garbage bags and went hunting for the heinous spore of Redneckius maxiumus americanus.  Here's how the adventure played out.....

The hunting grounds:


The .44 armed and ready:





First bottle grab:


Rock 'n' roll on the shoulder:




Many, many cig butts--yikes!


 When the Beatles sang "Why don't we do it in the road?" I didn't think anyone took them seriously.  Ewwwwww.....




The mighty White Hunter bags the limit!



Tomorrow I get to ride that piece of road and revel in the trash-free splendor, at least for a little while.  We gotta look after our sacred places, and for road cyclists, that's the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment