Thursday, August 1, 2013

Suck it up!


I think that's Kim K?  Who knows!  But sometimes you just gotta suck it up.  I didn't sleep well last night for some reason.  Woke up in the middle of of O-dark-thirty and lay there thinking about riding in the morning, about epics I wanted to undertake, about how wonderful the sound of crickets are in the night as the wind blows through the trees. And blows, and blows, and blows.  When I finally got some coffee in me, I realized the winds were going like crazy.  Did I really  want to throw myself out there into the thick of it?  Jodi tempted me with a hike, but I had my heart set on pushing the pedals.  Hoping for the best but psyching for the worst, I rolled out at close to 7AM on a freaky cool start to August.  And lo.  And behold.  The wind was never a problem.  Once I got into the first major climb, it backed off and didn't bother me for the rest of my 25 mile, 2,000+ feet of climbing.  In fact, I sweated good and hard as I climbed a solid 8% grade right into the sun.  Once I topped the pass, it was screamin' joy almost all the way back home--except for the mandatory 10% spank at the end.  Not as much fun as something good ol' Kim might administer, but I take my fun spankin' where I can get it, and a solid hill climb on the Haluzak did me right.

Get out.  You don't know what you might find or where the day will take you.  If you don't try, you always fail--yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment