Sunday, December 7, 2014

Old guy shredding


Finally got a hero shot!  My sister-in-law, Karen, came with us to the High Desert for some climbing yesterday, so instead of the ubiquitous "butt shot," she could get a better perspective on the action.  I'm really pleased with this one.  We scrambled up into the high boulders and climbed "Tell Me A Story," which checks in at 10c, a pretty hard route for us.  I was especially pleased on this route to recover quickly from some very small holds.  I've had problems in the past with my fingers, and this climb took everything I had--but I shook out after the hard moves and felt fine.  Phew.  In the photo, I'm just past the hardest part and thrilling to some pretty good holds. Thanks for being a great shooter, Karen.  I'll remember these days when I'm schlepping around the nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment